Sunday, November 11, 2012

Toddler Sensory Activity: November Sensory Bin

Here is our November sensory bin!
Included:
--fake leaves (bought in bunches from Dollar Tree and cut off branches)
--mini gourds and pine cones from dollar area at Target
--plastic acorn table scatter from dollar area at Target
--cinnamon sticks and mulling spices
--puff balls

I decided to add in smell to this sensory bin. Cinnamon sticks and mulling spices were sitting on a stand right when I walked in the grocery store a few weeks ago. All of sudden I realized I should get them and add them to our bin! Not sure Kellan has really noticed them or that the bin smells nice this time. He seems to gravitate to the translucent acorn table scatter pieces most of all.
I also added a piece of contact paper to our deck door with the idea that he could try to stick things to it and make a sort of nature picture. I was inspired to try this from a post at Play at Home Mom.
The pieces you see on the contact paper, I put on as an example for him so he could see what to do.  However, about one nanosecond after I took this picture, he took each piece off and pulled the paper down. So. Not such a success with that idea. Maybe next year. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment